How To Sign In Gmail Account: – When Google launched its e-mail service years ago, no one ever suspected that nearly everyone around the world would have Gmail today. By definition, Gmail is a free email service owned and provided by Google.
Particularly interesting is the date when Gmail was launched because it happened on April 1, 2004, so many users thought it was an April Fool’s joke. Google announced that it would provide its email service to customers with 1 gigabyte of space.
At that time, Gmail was still in the testing phase, so the first orders were given only to employees of this company and their closest relatives and friends. Although all the first Gmail users had the ability to send only ten invitations to new users.
Read Also: Don’t Ask Dr Google, But Must Ask The Questions To Your Doctor – Read The Reasons Why
Thus, the number of users of this e-mail service grew day by day. Free registration for all users around the world was officially introduced only on February 7, 2007, and has since been a Gmail leader in this field.
As of June 2012, Gmail was the most used email provider on the Internet with over 425 million users. According to 2014 estimates, 60% of mid-size U.S. businesses use Gmail. In May 2014, Gmail became the first app on the Google Play Store with a million installations on Android devices.
Questions People Ask in Google Search Engine about Gmail
How do I create a safe email address?
How do I create a strong Gmail account?
How do you password protect Gmail?
Is Hotmail safer than Gmail?
Can a Gmail account be traced?
Which email is safest?
Can I have a secret email account?
How safe is Gmail?
How do I create an email?
How do I create an email account on my phone?
At what age can you get an email account?
How many Gmail accounts can you have?
What is the best free email account?
How do I get a Gmail address?
Can an email be traced?
Is Gmail anonymous?
How do I create a Gmail account on my phone?
Does Google send emails about security?
What makes a strong password?
Can I tell if my email has been hacked?
Is Google keep safe for passwords?
What is confidential mode in Gmail?
Is Gmail confidential mode secure?
How do I password protect a PDF for free?
Does Hotmail read your email?
Do people still use Hotmail?
Should I use Outlook or Gmail?
Can I have 2 Gmail accounts?
Is Outlook more private than Gmail?
Can I change my Gmail address but keep the same account?
Is Outlook less secure than Gmail?
Is Hotmail going away?
Can I use my Hotmail account as a Google account?
Is ProtonMail safer than Gmail?
Which email is used most?
How do I keep my email private?
Is Gmail better than Hotmail?
How do I change my email address but keep the same email address?
How many email accounts can you have?
Can police track IP address from email?
Does Gmail reveal your IP address?
Is sending anonymous emails illegal?
Is Gmail secure for banking?
Does Apple have an email service?
Which free email is best?
Do I need to use my real name for a Gmail account?
Can you send an email and hide your email address?
Can I have two different email addresses?
Can I create an email account without a phone number?
How do I create an untraceable email account?
How do you set up a email address?
Can someone track you through Gmail?
Can Gmail be traced by police?
How can you find out who an email address is registered to?
Can I send an untraceable email?
How do you find out who sent an anonymous email?
Can I have 2 Gmail email addresses?
Can I log into someones Gmail without them knowing?
Can someone read my emails without me knowing?
Which email is safest?
What is the safest email provider 2019?
How do I get a free Gmail account?
How do I know if an email is from Google?
Does Gmail alert you suspicious activity?
Does Google notify you when someone logs into your account?
Does Google call you to verify your business?
Is Gmail confidential mode secure?
How does Google notify you of security issues?
How do I create a Gmail account on my Android phone?
How do I setup a Gmail account on my phone?
Why Gmail outperforms many of its competitors?
Google and Gmail have been ruling the internet world since it’s establishment. And why not? The features and functions that they offer to their users are more unique than others.
Making their rival also bring the necessary changes. But still they can catch up with the success and popularity of Google. Such is the Gmail which has the following features which can’t be found in other mail services.
- Storage: Any free Gmail account has 15 GB of shared storage between emails, Google Drive and Google Photos.
- Conversations: Gmail automatically organizes emails received and answered in the form of conversations. When you reply to an email or when another person replies to an email you sent, Gmail groups them together in the form of a vertical conversation. It allows you to view the mail exchange on a single screen instead of seeing each email separately in your inbox.
- Protection against viruses and malware: Gmail offers filters against viruses and malware that are very effective. This function is activated automatically without having to change anything in your account settings. If the filters detect any virus, they send a warning and put the message in quarantine.
- Filters against SPAM: One of the things that Gmail from other services is that it has an excellent SPAM filter. SPAM messages rarely exceed these filters and you will rarely see messages that are not authentic in your inbox.
- Change the appearance of your Gmail: Gmail allows you to customize your Gmail in the web interface by adding a background image. You can choose between the different default themes or you can upload an image of your choice.
- Automatic response when you are on vacation or out of the office: Gmail allows you to send automatic replies every time someone sends you an email. It informs the one who is writing that you are on vacation or out of the office. In these automatic responses, you can ask those who write to contact the person in charge in your absence. Or you can inform them when you will be available again.
- Offline mode in Gmail: Gmail added the Offline option that allows you to read the emails that were synchronized until you disconnected. And that allows you to write emails that will be sent as soon as you have a connection again.
- Undo the sending of a message: Sometimes it so happens that we send the email to the wrong person. What will we if such happens? Well, Gmail has the solution to this situation also. Gmail allows you to undo sending the message as long as you do it right after sending it and if you have this option active.
- Check emails from other accounts with Gmailify: Gmailify allows you to add accounts from other email providers to your Gmail account to see all your messages in a single inbox. To take advantage of the features offered by Gmail, such as its excellent SPAM filters or automatic mail sorting. You can:
- Give others access to your Gmail account through email delegation: If you are using a Gmail account for your company, organization or team. And you want others to be able to read your emails and send replies instead, you can add them as delegates. People you add as delegates to your account can send or respond to emails that arrive at you, but doing so will display your email address as the sender. This lets you know which delegate sent emails from your account and avoids confusion. In addition to being able to read and send emails from your account, delegates also have permission to delete emails and manage your contacts. However, delegates cannot use Gmail chat from your account and are not allowed to change your password. You can delete a delegate whenever you want.
- Automatically resend to another account the emails you receive in Gmail: If you don’t want to see emails from other accounts in Gmail, but want to do the opposite. You can set up your account to automatically resend everything you receive. You can even create a filter to choose which emails you want to be forwarded to the address you choose.
- Silence conversations: If you are being part of an email exchange in which you are not interested, such as being part of a workgroup. And you do not want these emails to appear in your inbox every time someone sends a new message, you can silence that conversation. This way, the answers will not appear in your inbox, but you can search and find the conversation for when you want to read it.
Functions of Gmail
- Send emails: To send an email, click on Compose in the upper left corner. Enter the recipient in the To section and what the email is about in the Subject section. In the options which you can see below, you will find options to edit the text and format (size and typeface, numbering, bold, etc.) and below you will find options to add attachments, links, emoticons, etc.
- Receive emails: Emails that will be sent to you will automatically reach your inbox, which you can access by clicking on Inbox in the left side menu. When you have opened an email, you can click on the star in the upper right corner to mark it as important. And reply to the message by clicking on the arrow next to the star or writing your reply in the box at the end of the email.
- Tags: Organize your emails and create tags to sort emails after or even before they arrive. To create a label, click on More in the side menu and then on New label. Type a name for the tag and press Create. The labels serve as folders in which you can classify the mail that arrives at you.
- Hangouts / Chat: The web version of Gmail includes Hangouts chat directly in the web interface. Talk to any of your Google contacts by clicking on the + sign next to your name on the left side menu. Enter the name of the person you want to talk to and start sending messages through the chat window that opens.
- Organize your emails from the inbox: You can now select an email in your inbox to see new icons to the right of the message. You can archive it, delete it, mark it as unread or postpone it.
- Postpone emails: Now you can postpone an email so that it temporarily disappears from your inbox and reappears at the beginning whenever you want. To postpone an email, select it in the inbox and click on the clock icon on the right.
- Text suggestions: When composing a message you will see text suggestions based on the email you received.
- Change the size of your inbox: Now you can choose if you want your inbox to look wider or more compact. To change it, click on the gear icon and select Display density.
- Calendar, Tasks, Keep and other add-ons: You now have shortcuts to some Google add-ons directly in the left sidebar. You can download other tools by clicking on the + sign.
Read Also: Anyone Who Has Problems With Gmail Inbox Needs To Know These Simple But Important Things
Advantages of Gmail
The benefits of using this email are numerous. In the first place is the much larger memory available to users than that offered by other services. Back then, for example, Yahoo offered only 10 megabytes of space.
As well as Hotmail, so under the influence of Gmail, they also increased the space, but again failed to catch up. With more space, Gmail offers a number of other benefits to its users: a first-class interface that makes Gmail much faster than other services.
Plus, the fact is that Gmail is much more transparent and easier to use, even for those users who don’t do well on the internet. In addition to the advantages offered by Gmail, there are also: better organization of the e-mails themselves.
In the form of conversations, which makes visibility higher than on other e-mail services. No messages that could compromise the user in any way, and very easily filter out messages that the user marks as spam. One should not forget the very important information that is characteristic of Gmail.
Unlike other e-mail services, Gmail is available and adapted for use in more than 40 different languages. Also, the Gmail interface implies that it can be used on almost all browsers, making it one of the best email services. The other benefits of Gmail are:
- Large storage capacity that increases progressively to be shared between Gmail messages and files, and chat files from Google Drive history.
- Your Gmail account can remain inactive for a long time without being canceled.
- The search engine is integrated into the Gmail interface, so you can search through your emails and across the Internet.
- The configuration provides effective spam control and unwanted advertising filters. The improved system automatically organizes our desired mail in normal, social and promotions, so that we do not have these emails mixed.
- With Google Calendar you can synchronize tasks and events with your contacts, and nobody can say that they did not know when or where the meeting was.
- Google Drive will allow you to edit documents in line, share them and save them for access to them from wherever you are. Store photos and share heavy files with your contacts.
- The most important thing about having an email account in Gmail is that that account works for any of the applications of the company Google. Allowing access to YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Blogger, Google Play (app store for mobile devices), among others.
- You have the possibility of using several email accounts, in this way you can separate the personal account from the work account. To achieve this you must go to the configuration option, followed by accounts and import, then add another email address. Create all the accounts you want.
- When forgetting your password Gmail makes recovery very easy. When creating your account, it asks you to fill out a form with several personal data, and some questions in case of forgetting (information that only you should know). So forgetting your password will ask you for the answer to any of those questions. You can access your email without further problems.
- Gmail is the only email account that even if it stays closed for a while will not be canceled.
- It has integrated Google Docs, which allows us to view and make documents within the same email, without having to go to Microsoft office. A tool that becomes very useful when working from a mobile device, especially on a mobile, since many of them do not have a document reader.
- The Google search engine can be accessed.
Disadvantages of Gmail Account
As with everything, so does Gmail has its disadvantages. The criticisms most often made about the Gmail account, that is, Google, are mostly about placing ads. The reason for this is that the Gmail advertising system implies that so-called targeted advertisements are set up.
Targeted advertisements, in this case, refer to advertisements whose content is mainly related to the content of the message that the user is reading at that moment. It is for this reason that criticism has been given to Google, as Gmail is thought to be invading the privacy of users.
The content of advertisements is determined automatically by the program, mainly by keywords. Another criticism of Gmail is about the deadline for automatically deleting messages from servers and backed-up disks.
The deadline is, as stated in the Gmail service privacy agreement for up to 60 days, and applies to messages and accounts that have been deleted. The other disadvantages of Gmail are as follows:
- Gmail only offers a maximum capacity of 25 MB for attachments.
- In older browsers, the normal version of Gmail is not loaded and we would have to load the HTML version, which normally takes a long time to load.
- Gmail can be a bit unstable or slow if our Internet connection is not very fast. So it always presents some errors, such as when trying to access the inbox or other Google applications.
- Gmail does not display pop-ups, non-targeted banner ads or warnings to urgently acquire additional storage space. However, it offers relevant text ads next to the body of the messages, based on your web searches and message content.
- Gmail can be used with a custom domain name (@ mkzhost.com for example), however, you need to pay a monthly subscription per user.
- It usually takes a long time to open.
- When attaching a file you have the possibility to stop or load very slowly, that is, it will take time.
- It may take a long time to attach files. Do you want to send heavy files? Well, arm yourself with patience. Most likely, it will take a long time to attach them. Luckily, if you send it before it has been attached, the system will carry out the shipment autonomously. And you won’t have to wait for any process to end.
- The page may be a bit unstable if the internet connection is very slow.
- You have some errors when trying to access the inbox and other Google service
- It is difficult to attach files to other websites or blogs.
- Mail management can be a bit heavy. By offering the user a virtually unlimited storage capacity, you run the risk of abandoning email management. This means that if you ever need to gain space, you will have to move thousands and thousands of emails. And when that happens, Gmail becomes heavy and slow.
Read Also: Dr Google For Cancer Treatment Is Not The Best Doctor For You
How to Create your Gmail or Google Account
Before learning how to sign in your google account, you need to have a Gmail account first. There are many ways to create a new account, but the most common is to go to the Gmail website. Gmail assumes you already have a Google email account, so to create a new account, click More options.
- You will then see a menu with two options. The one that interests us is the first one, called Create Account. Taking into account that Google changes this window frequently, if you had trouble finding the option, try opening this website directly to create a new Google account.
- Now you have to fill in the form with a series of basic data. Almost all fields are required, but there are some that you can leave blank. You must fill in sex, but you can set it as I prefer not to say it. The phone number and current email address are optional, although they will be useful if you forget your password. When finished, press the Next step.
- Before continuing you should read a reduced version of the data conditions. Unlike other license agreements, this is a reduced version that you can read without losing all afternoon. You need to reach the bottom of the window for the Accept button to appear.
- Two things may happen next: either your new Google account is created or you need to verify it. If this is the case, you will need to include your phone number to receive an SMS message or a voice call that will send (or dictate) a code.
- If you chose SMS, a message will be sent to that phone number that includes a code. You must enter it in the field and press Continue. If you chose a voice call, a voice will dictate the code, which you must also enter.
- After verifying your account (or if not necessary) you will already have your Google account created, which you can use in all associated services such as Gmail, Google Maps, Google Drive, YouTube or Google Photos, etc.
Best ways to Sign in in your Gmail
Gmail is one of the leaders in the segment of emails and being this property of Google, at the same time provides access to virtually all the services provided by this great company.
Every day, millions of users access the inbox of their Gmail.com email to read new emails or to complete registration processes on other internet accounts, such as social networks. Gmail allows you to log in through the browser, accessible from your computer or mobile, as well as the application for mobile devices.
Additionally, you can have more than one account and log in to several of them simultaneously. And if you have any problem to log in, the service offers alternatives to solve the problem.
Sign in to Gmail from the browser
The most common way to access Gmail email is through the PC or mobile web browser. You only need your username and password so you don’t have problems with access.
This version will allow you to visualize your emails with all the comfort possible since you will have in your favor the widescreen resolution provided by your computer. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Go to https://mail.google.com and you will be taken directly to the login page. As an alternative, you can also access the official Gmail page (www.gmail.com) and click on the Login button located at the top.
- Enter your username, that is, what precedes @ gmail.com. You can also enter your full email address if you prefer, including @ gmail.com. Then press Next to go the nest page.
- Enter your password then press again Next.
- You will be redirected to your inbox and you can check your email.
- Once you have logged in to Gmail, you will automatically be logged in to all Google services. This means that when you access your Gmail you will also be logging into YouTube, the Google search engine, Google Maps, Google Drive and all other services linked to Google.
Sign in to more than one Gmail email on the web
If you have more than one Gmail account, then Google provides the ease of signing in to more than one account. After you have logged into your first email account, follow these steps to also add your second account and switch between them in an easier way.
Thus, you can have the session started in – for example – a personal account and a work account simultaneously.
- First sign in to your Gmail account you like to open first by following the above method.
- Click on your profile picture located in the upper right corner and then click on Add account.
- Log in to the second account as you did with the first by entering your username or email and then the password.
- Now you can switch between accounts by pressing again on your profile picture, in the upper right corner.
- Another way to switch between profiles is directly from the Google homepage, where you can also switch between users by simply clicking on your profile picture.
Sign in to Gmail from Android or iOS
Gmail has an exclusive application for Android and iOS operating systems that will allow you to log in comfortably, so you can check your email in a more agile and efficient way.
Accessing from the application also allows you to activate notifications to find out all the new emails that arrive in your inbox. Once the application is downloaded, you just have to access it and enter your access data.
You can also log in to your Gmail email using the native clients of the Android and iOS operating systems.
Log into Gmail on iOS or iPhone
You can follow these steps if you want to log in via your iPhone or iOS.
- On your iOS device home screen, tap on the Settings icon.
- Then on the Setting menu, click on the Mail, Contacts, Calendar options.
- Click on Add Account.
- It will then ask you to choose an email provider, tap on Google.
- Now you enter your Gmail username and password in the fields provided. And you press on Sign In. Then enter your respected Gmail Username and password in the field provided.
- Then click on Sign in, now you are logged into your Gmail account on your iOS device, and will receive an email notification.
Sign in Gmail on Android
Follow these methods if you want to log in to your Gmail via android.
- Open your home screen on your android device and select Gmail.
- Usually, you will be automatically logged in your Gmail account you have entered while configuring your device for the first time. . you can follow these steps to log in to your Gmail account.
- Tap on the menu button on the mobile to display additional options.
- Click on the Accounts option, and select Add account.
- Do as you are instructed on the screen to log in to the second Gmail account on an Android device. Now, you have signed into two Gmail accounts.
Read Also: List of Some Major Websites From Where The Dr Google Get Information About Health and Provide Them to Us
Sign in your Gmail account on your Blackberry
If you use Blackberry, then follow these methods to log into your Gmail account
- Open the BlackBerry mobile home screen, then tap on Setup
- Then click on Email Accounts and you will be asked to choose the type of email account. Click on Internet Mail Account.
- Tap on Gmail from the listed internet e-mail account types.
- Then type in your Gmail username and password in the fields provided, then select Continue to go further.
- Tap on Continue again to complete the account setup process. Now, you are logged into your Gmail account on your BlackBerry device and will receive an email notification from now on.
Sign in to more than one Gmail Account on your mobile device
If you have created more than one Gmail account and want to sign in and remain signed in all these Gmail accounts n your mobile device. You can do so by following these easy methods. The methods that you have to follow to sign in more than one account are the same in all mobile devices.
- Open your Gmail account page that is currently active.
- Click on a profile photo that appears in the upper right corner of the Gmail page.
- Then click on Add Account and you will be redirected to the next process.
- There you will be asked to enter the username and password pf your second Gmail account. Then click on Sign In.
- The second Gmail account will open in a new window or tab in the browser.
- Switch between accounts by clicking a Gmail address or profile photo and selecting the account you want to use.
- You can log in to another Gmail account by repeating the first step to the third.
Other two methods to open more than one Gmail account in your Android Device
You can open more than one Gmail account also through the Gmail application. Follow these steps if ou has downloaded the Gmail application from the Google play store or any other mediums.
- Open the downloaded Gmail application and then tap the menu on the upper left corner.
- Tap the triangle icon present on the right of the account name.
- Then select the option Add Account and then select Google.
- Now enter the username and password of the second google account. Follow the instructions as given by the application.
This method also has the same effect as you have followed in the above method. After entering two or more accounts, you will have the choice through which email address you want to access other google applications. Such as YouTube, Google Play, Google Drive, etc.
Other methods to sign in your Gmail Account through the Yahoo mail application
If you have downloaded the Yahoo Mail application, then you can open a two or more Gmail account via this application as well. Just follow these methods:
- Open the Yahoo Mail application and then tap on the menu on the upper left corner
- Click on Add Another Email box.
- No select Google and then enter your Gmail email address and click on Next.
- You will be asked to enter your Gmail account password. Enter your password and tap on Next press Enter.
- Now select the Allow button and you will be taken inside the Gmail account.
If you follow this method, unlike in the above two methods, you won’t be a given choice with email addresses to open your Google applications. So this method is useful if you only want to check your messages and send the email.
Tips for you to sign in in your Gmail account on your mobile device
- If you use iOS or BlackBerry, you can download the Gmail application as an alternative, instead of setting a Gmail account on the device. After downloading the Gmail application, you will be asked to log in with your account username and password. This application is available on the Apple App Store and BlackBerry World.
- If you have trouble logging into your Gmail account, visit the Gmail troubleshooting page at https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2943007?hl. Select the radio button that applies to your problem, then follow the steps on the screen to get into your Gmail account.
- Log into Gmail permanently by checking the Stay signed in the box on the Gmail home page. This way, you will continue to log in to your Gmail account.
Problems trying to sign in to Gmail
When you sign in to Gmail, there may be some problems that will prevent you from accessing your account. Fortunately, for every problem, there is a solution.
In the case of loss of personal data, there are more possibilities to be able to log in if you have established identification methods. Such as the SMS message and the alternative email. The other most common problems that may occur while logging in Gmail account can be:
One of the most common problems that arise in relation to the Gmail mail service is that users can forget their account password. This problem is quite common in users who do not usually use this service very often, and who are also fond of using long and complex passwords.
Fortunately, Google offers us a password recovery tool that we can use to easily reset our Gmail account password. However, this Google password recovery tool requires that we configure it beforehand to use it.
Setting up the Google password recovery tool is very simple. To do this, the first thing we need to do is:
- log in to our Gmail account. Once inside, you have to click on your profile picture in the upper right corner of the interface and then access My account.
- Once inside, click on the Personal Information option. A new screen will be displayed with all personal information related to your account. You will have to scroll down to the part of the emails and click on the small arrow shape icon to configure your alternate email.
- Scroll down to the Contact information section, where you can configure an alternative email to retrieve the password of your Gmail account, in case you have problems.
- If you have previously configured your recovery tool settings in your Gmail account, and you have forgotten your password. Then you must go to the login page, enter your email or phone number and then press the Next button. Click on the link Forgot Your Password? Or you can visit https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/challenge/pwd?hl and follow the steps to recover your account.
- If you cant access your account, then you can click Try another way several times until you reach a point where you will be asked about your account. Answer the questions as well as possible, and you will be given access to your account again.
Forgot email address:
If you have forgotten your email address, you must click on the link Forgot Your Email Address that can be seen on the login page. Or you can access the link https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/usernamerecovery and enter your phone number or your alternate email address to proceed with recovery from the account.
Read Also: How To Set Up Your Business Meeting With Google Meet – The Ultimate Guide
Gmail may be down:
It is not very common, but there are some situations in which the Gmail service is down, and this is simply the reason why we cannot access it. Therefore, the first step you should take is to verify that the Gmail service is working correctly.
To verify this, we can use the control panel of Google applications, offered by the Internet giant. Thanks to this tool we can know if any of its services are out of operation. Try checking the condition of the application through the Google status dashboard.
If there has been a termination, suspicion, or a trusted report about the termination of Google services. In this case, Gmail will stop working at any time – this site will let you know. You will see a list of all applications in Google Suite and a list of dates that point to the current date.
Orange dots indicate there is or has been a problem. You can also look back about two months if needed. If you experience problems with any Google application, then this Google status dashboard should be your first stop.
Gmail is case sensitive in the password:
Another thing you should keep in mind is that Gmail distinguishes between the use of lowercase and uppercase letters in passwords. This is something that may seem trivial, but that has caused problems for many users.
Problems accessing Gmail with your mobile:
In case you have problems accessing your Gmail account using your iOS or Android phone, you can delete your Google account from the device and reconfigure it to try to solve the problem.
With this process, you will not lose any of your files you don’t have to worry about. The easiest way to do this is to access the Android configuration application.
Once inside, go to the accounts section, and then select the Google account you want to delete. Then you just have to add the account again by clicking on the Add account option.
Other possibilities that you receive an error message Account not synchronized when you try to access the Gmail application with your smartphone.
You may also receive an error message saying that the application works too slowly. There are several causes that can cause this problem, you can try to solve via the following steps:
- Update your Gmail application from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Restart your smartphone. Perform a reset on your device. You should turn your phone on and off again to solve the problem. It is indeed a cliché, but it often works.
- Check that your internet connection is working properly and that you are receiving enough signal.
- Delete the data from the Gmail application from Settings,> Applications> Gmail>Storage>Clear Data
- Check your Gmail settings again. You might have turned off one or more features accidentally, for example, the Synchronization feature. Open the Gmail application, and press the menu button in the top left corner, then select Settings. Tap your account and make sure that you have checked Sync Gmail.
2-step authentication problem:
2-step authentication is one of the best methods you can use to secure your account. Briefly, 2-step authentication adds a second layer to your security by requesting a second acknowledgment of the login attempt.
When you log in to your Gmail account, you will receive a text message on your mobile phone with a code that you must enter to be authenticated in order to proceed to the next phase. However, what if the code doesn’t really get to your cellphone?
- First, you must be in an area that has a good signal. Google will send a 2-step authentication code via SMS. So, if you are in an area with strong Wi-Fi but the cellular signal is bad, that can be part of the problem.
- If so, then you can use the Google Authenticator application. Simply download the application on your mobile. Once installed, you will be asked how to authenticate your account. The easiest is with a QR code. On your computer, open the 2-step authentication page, and scroll down to App Authenticator.
- Do click on it, and follow the steps needed to scan the QR code. After scanning, you will get a code in the application. Enter the code in the Verify box on your computer, which will connect the phone to your account. Starting from there, you will use the Authenticator application to log in, and not the SMS code anymore.
- If that doesn’t work, then you can also choose to receive calls on your backup phone. Of course, this will still not work if you are in an area that has a bad signal. Finally, if all else fails, then you can also use a backup code. Backup codes are generally used for certain times when you lose your cellphone, or cannot receive an authentication code in another way. A backup code is a collection of codes that you can use to log in to your account instead of your 2-step authentication.
- To generate a series of codes, visit the 2-step authentication page, and scroll down to the backup code area. Do click on Get a new code. This will produce a text file for you to download, which will later be called Backup-codes-.txt.
- Open the Gmail login page, and enter your username or password. Then, when requesting 2-step authentication, click on Other options and then click again on Enter one of your 8-digit backup codes. Enter the code that you own, and you will immediately be able to access your Gmail account again.
Miscellaneous tips to solve login problem in your Gmail
- If still, you can not log in your email account, then check if you are on the right page.
- Make sure the uppercase lock is disabled.
- If you don’t remember your email, you can try your phone number.
- Try another browser to download a problem with your current browser’s cookies.
- When you log in to Gmail you notice that the loading is slower than usual. It may be because the basic HTML version has been loaded instead of the full version. Check and verify your connection or test with another browser.
Useful Tips which you can follow to sign in safely in Gmail
When you sign in, you must take certain precautions to prevent your account from being compromised. Gmail, being an email service, requires you to be even more careful since all your personal information could be compromised. Here are some tips that you can follow to log in safely on your Gmail account.
- Keep your antivirus or threat protection up-to-date. Sometimes, just an oversight is needed for a malicious program to be installed on your computer and all your accounts are compromised. Keep your antivirus updated!
- Change the password regularly: It is recommended that you change your password from time to time to increase the security of your account.
- Activate two-factor authentication: Two-factor authentication is a process that increases the security of your account to the maximum.
- Log out after using your account: Especially if you are not logging in from your own computer, be sure to log out once you have finished using the service to prevent other people from accessing it.
- Assign a valid number: Many people lose access to their Gmail mail and can no longer recover it because they have not assigned recovery information. Do not let it be too late and add this information from the My Account section.
Be careful with your email account be it personal or professionals so that no one can misuse your information.