Making Yahoo Mail Account Secure: – Yahoo! was created by Jerry Yang and David Filo in 1994, in the United States. They are the Stanford University students, the company’s founders developed the platform to catalog interesting sites on the internet.
Despite being born for personal use only, Yahoo! gained popularity inside and outside the university. Currently, Yahoo! is known worldwide for its internet products and services for consumers and businesses.
The communication portal has a search engine, e-mail, messenger, groups, news, among others.
In addition, the company operates with website hosting, management services, and online advertising. Yahoo! is to be a leader in internet services for web users and businesses.
To this end, the company has a set of fundamental values, such as respect for the customer, responsibility, privacy, and freedom of expression.
In 2016, Yahoo! was purchased by Verizon Communications, becoming its subsidiary through Oath Inc.
Yahoo! it’s not just an excited shout, it means Yet Another Hierarchical, Officious Oracle. The exclamation point served to differentiate the brand from another that already existed and to draw more attention.
A brief history of Yahoo and yahoo mail
The internet at the time of its establishment had few strong brands that were born and were purely online, and Yahoo! wanted to be one of the first and biggest. Search engines either did not exist or lacked a strong brand – and that left the way practically free for the company to shine.
In 1997, two negotiations made history: one that happened and one that was rejected. The one that happened was the purchase of RocketMail, one of the first and most famous free e-mail services, which fought with Hotmail at the time. It soon becomes Yahoo! Mail, one of the company’s most famous services.
Read Also: 48 Proved Strategies For Maximizing The Use Of OK Google Now
The one that didn’t happen should give the brand nightmares to this day. Two engineers offered them and other similar companies a search engine that indexed the results based on a series of categories. Always show the best search results first.
Their names were Sergey Brin and Larry Page, the founders of Google. They wanted to sell the service to go back to university, but no one was interested. And they became a billionaire giant in a few years.
Yahoo! it came because the idea of the search engine was different. Instead of sending the user to other sites, they wanted you to spend more time there, clicking on ads and consuming content.
Two years later and seeing the potential of the technology, Yahoo! offered $ 3 billion to buy it for good, but this time it was declined. In the late 90s, the company made several acquisitions and put their name on everything. Then Yahoo! Games, Yahoo! Groups, the Yahoo! Messenger, the online radio Yahoo! Broadcast and more.
The initial success was very good but later they suffered several economic crises and weakened in the face of their strongest competitors, such as Google or Microsoft. Bill Gates in 2008 offered to buy it for the amount of US $ 44.6 billion but the proposal was rejected.
Questions Most People do ask on Search Engine about Yahoo
Is Gmail safer than Yahoo?
Has Yahoo Been Hacked 2019?
Does anyone still use Yahoo email?
What is the safest email account?
Did Yahoo get hacked today?
How did Yahoo get hacked?
Does Yahoo notify you when someone logs into your account?
How do I secure my Yahoo account?
Does Yahoo have customer service?
How do I call Yahoo customer service?
How can I reset my Yahoo account?
How do I recover my Yahoo email account?
Are you trying to sign in Yahoo?
How can I recover my yahoo password without phone number and alternate email?
How do I stop spam on my Yahoo account?
Is have I been pwned legit?
What is the most hacked email provider?
Which is the safest email provider 2019?
Which email is used most?
Did Yahoo delete old emails?
Should I use Yahoo or Gmail?
Is Yahoo Mail being discontinued?
How many years does Yahoo keep emails?
What is the best free email account?
Why Yahoo is not working?
Does Yahoo still exist 2019?
How many people still use Yahoo email?
What’s Yahoo account key?
What Yahoo is doing now?
Why is Google more popular than Yahoo?
Is Yahoo Mail safer than Gmail?
What is the difference between Gmail and Yahoo?
Is Yahoo still popular?
Is the new Yahoo Mail free?
Did Yahoo get hacked today?
Does Yahoo owe money?
How did Yahoo get hacked?
How do I file a Yahoo settlement?
Are there problems with Yahoo Mail?
Why can’t I log into Yahoo mail?
How do I call Yahoo customer service?
How can I speak to a Yahoo representative?
Why have my Yahoo emails disappeared?
How do I get my old yahoo mail back?
Why did Yahoo delete my emails?
How do I retrieve old emails?
Is Gmail Secure 2019?
What is the safest email account?
How do I switch from Yahoo to Gmail?
Which is the safest email provider 2019?
Who has more users Yahoo Mail or Gmail?
Should I still use Yahoo Mail?
How do I call Yahoo customer care?
Does Yahoo have a customer service number?
Can I contact Yahoo by phone?
How can I recover my Yahoo email password without phone number and recovery?
How can I recover my yahoo password without phone number and alternate email 2019?
How can I recover my Yahoo account without phone number and alternate email?
How do I contact Yahoo customer services?
How do I bypass Yahoo verification?
Does Yahoo delete old emails?
How do I get into my Yahoo account?
Why can’t I change my Yahoo password?
Where is the Yahoo toolbar?
Are there problems with Yahoo Mail?
Why Yahoo is not working?
Can’t access my Yahoo account because I changed my number?
How do I sign into Yahoo Mail with password?
Why can’t I log into Yahoo mail?
What is account key in Yahoo Mail?
Is Yahoo account key better than two step verification?
How can delete my yahoo account?
Is Yahoo Mail being discontinued?
Is Yahoo Mail still down today?
Yahoo mail is the free email service developed by Yahoo! Search engine. It was one of the largest Internet email providers which served millions of users at the time. It still is providing millions of users but not so much as it used to.
Among the biggest competitors of Yahoo! stand Outlook.com, Gmail and AOL Mail. According to a 2012 Yahoo! Mail continues to be the one with the highest number of users in the United States although in close competition with Gmail and Outlook.com.
Globally this is the third one with the largest users behind Gmail and Outlook.com. Since 2015, Yahoo scans the content of its users’ emails and when it finds certain character strings it forwards the messages to the NSA and the FBI.
The 26 of August of 2007, the AJAX version of Yahoo! Mail It was considered completed. It replaces the classic version and becomes the default interface for Yahoo! Mail. The development of the new interface began in July 2004, although other prototypes were previously developed.
It is currently compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. Although it is usable from Opera and Safari, there are some visual problems regarding the layout of the content.
Read Also: 30+ Ideas That You Can Learn From Your First Google Drive Sign In
As of now, Yahoo has announced it would close the Yahoo Group services. It had begun to delete content in Yahoo groups from December 14, 2019. some of the contents that it deleted included user files, polls, links, photos, folders, calendars, databases, conversations, email updates, digest messages, and message history.
Features of new yahoo mail
In the internet age, email functions have changed drastically with a variety of functions and people have started to create many accounts for different purposes. Through mobile phones, people rely on email to manage and organize their lives from navigating multiple accounts, business documents, travel plans, and shopping.
The workload of Inbox mail will be heavier, where users will receive more and more promotional offers and other business activities, which is why new functions in managing mailboxes are needed. To meet the latest needs, Yahoo launched a new version of the Yahoo Mail application that allows users to more easily manage large amounts of email though.
The new version of the Yahoo Mail application introduces innovative experiences that group people’s messages into Views such as Travel and Attachment.
This new feature can control the burden of receiving excessive amounts of mail, including the convenience to unsubscribe (unsubscribe) easily. In addition, users can log in with other email accounts such as Gmail and Outlook to access Yahoo Mail inboxes.
The interface is changed and built taking into account the taller mobile screen allowing for intuitive one-handed use with a new navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
Photos and files in one place
There is a View that allows easy access and navigation for all letter attachments, including important files, travel documents, event tickets, and photos.
Email subscription management
With a special view for those who subscribe, users can browse their email subscriptions and unsubscribe from any newsletters with a single tap without leaving the application.
Now users can choose 14 different colors available in light or dark mode.
Supports screen readers, such as Talkback on Android and VoiceOver on iOS for users with visual impairments, and supports resizing text to increase contrast for users with poor vision.
Description of Yahoo Mail
- Yahoo! Mail offers free e-mail accounts with 1 TB of online storage on the domains of yahoo.com, ymail.com, and rocketmail.com.
- You can access Yahoo! Mail on the Web, via POP and through IMAP (which uses at least certain devices and email); you can also have mail on Yahoo! The email account has been forwarded to another email address.
- In addition to email, you can send SMS texts and instant messages to Yahoo !, Facebook and Windows Live contacts.
- Yahoo! Mail automatically collects spam emails in the Spam folder, and you can report spam emails that the filter missed.
- Disposable single-use addresses allow you to create and re-delete the discard addresses that deliver to your Yahoo! Mail account as long as they are active.
- Up to 200 filters automatically enter incoming mail. You can also block email addresses and instant messaging contacts that you no longer want the messages from.
- 2-step authentication and on-demand passwords (along with application passwords when needed) are available for mail security.
- Yahoo! Mail allows you to collect mail from additional POP accounts, and you can also send mail from your addresses using the web interface.
- As a social network, Yahoo! Mail lets you connect to Yahoo! and Facebook users, whose mail receives additional treatment.
- Virus Scan and Yahoo! Mail does not download the remote recording or other content in emails protecting you from extensive online damage.
- Keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop, tabs, auto-complete address, and more Yahoo! Compliment the postal qualities.
- On mobile devices, Yahoo! Mail offers similar to web or powerful native applications (available for Android and iPhone).
- All links to Yahoo! Mail (via the Internet, through applications, and through IMAP, POP, and SMTP) uses default encryption for security.
- Paid Ad-Free Yahoo! Mail excludes advertisements.
Benefits of Designed Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Mail turned out to have advantages that have been felt since 1997, which provided much later before the new Gmail was released 4 years after that. It is one of the world’s file storage giants that has redesigned its email service.
It is available on the web and has mobile applications for IOS (iPhone), Android and Windows Phone. Its interface, which is the image that users see, is very similar to its main competitor Gmail.
It has a more orderly and transparent background, in addition to a folder bar that can be hidden. The advantages given by Yahoo Mail are:
- You can use Yahoo mail to send and receive e-mail in the form of news, photos, etc. You can download various types of files attached to the attachment at once.
- Yahoo Mail can attach data up to 25MB in size.
- You can not only use Yahoo Mail to receive and send emails, but you can also get the latest news or info without having to leave Yahoo Mail. Unlike Google, which must first exit from Gmail to get other info.
- You can download various types of files that are attached at once, and all of them can immediately become compressed files.
- If your computer suddenly shuts down while writing an e-mail, then the e-mail that you have written can automatically be saved by the Draft feature, and can also resume writing the e-mail when your computer starts again.
- Yahoo’s chat feature called Yahoo Messenger (commonly abbreviated YM) is very popular among internet users. Now that’s a feature that you can use to chat while opening / creating the email.
- It has a very friendly interface and is easy to use.
- It provides various options to order our inbox and other unwanted emails.
- It integrates with the other Yahoo! As Yahoo answers and Yahoo research.
- It has support in several languages.
- You can use the same profile picture in Yahoo mail as in the other services to which this account is integrated.
- The new version of Yahoo mail allows the user to use an image of the social network of Flickr photos in high quality as a background, as well as the social network Tumblr. Also individual images you have on your PC or in the inbox.
- This is possible because it has a free terabyte of storage for saving files, unlike Gmail, which provides 15 GB (gigabytes).
- In addition, it implemented the conversation view application, which allows grouping emails related to a particular topic for better reading. Another advantage is that it allows you to share files together with the Dropbox online tool.
- It also has quick actions with gestures, which are activated by pressing on each email. For example, you can now delete or bookmark an email with just one click.
- You must give priority to the text making the folders on the left and the commands can be chosen leaving a wider and tidier space.
- It is fully customizable and Its interface is quite friendly, which makes it very simple to use. It does not represent a difficulty for those who are not familiar with computing.
- It has excellent antispam protection.
- With a Yahoo! Mail can access the Yahoo service answers where thousands of Internet users who belong to yahoo share their concerns. And respond to those of others, establishing debates and sharing interesting information, which you can also classify according to its usefulness.
- This email service also has the Yahoo Messenger service with which you can chat instantly with any of your Yahoo contacts for more effective communication. But that’s not all, you can share emoticons, images, photos, and also make video calls or calls from PC to PC, or from PC to mobile, just as you would on Skype for example.
- The service is downloadable in a mobile app.
- It loads very fast and works well on almost all systems.
Disadvantages of Yahoo Mail
If yahoo mail has benefits, it also has some disadvantages because of which yahoo mail has been backward in comparison to Gmail and outlook mail. Some of them are:
- Some customization options are unhelpful.
- Spam emails can reach our inbox.
- If we stop using the account for about half a year, it is marked as inactive.
- Most users who use Yahoo Mail do not use the other services such as Yahoo replies, it is usually used by fewer users so sometimes good answers are not obtained.
- It has a lot of publicity even immersed in the mails. To have a service without advertisements you must obtain a special service and it is paid.
- It works best with Mozilla, with not so much opera.
- It does not allow viewing or editing the files online, but you must download them to your pc.
Things you may not know that Yahoo mail has
- The unlimited storage capacity that your Yahoo mail has is 1,000 GB which is very favorable for you. Since it is not necessary to go to another service such as Google Drive to be able to download large files.
- Through Yahoo, you can read messages from other emails from your inbox as it allows you to link other accounts such as Gmail and Outlook.
- You can see messages from other emails separately for better control, so if you handle Yahoo without problems and prefer your format, you can do it without problems.
- One of the features that are being seen with great demand today is the sharing of photos of special moments with other people from your Yahoo mail. And the best of all is that you can save all your photos in a personalized folder of your choice.
- That is why if you are far away, somehow you will be closer to your loved ones since you can show them all the photos you want. In addition to chatting through the Messenger and send them any type of information by mail.
- Another aspect that Yahoo brings is that while reading some news, looking at your photos or conversing with someone, you can stand in the envelope and click. It will show you through a window the recent emails but without leaving the page where you are.
Registering New Yahoo Mail Account
To create a new email account, it is generally free as well as on Yahoo email services. To register yahoo’s new e-mail in general, you will only enter your personal data and password for your e-mail account.
Read Also: 10 The Most Trusted Medical Apps That Are Better Than Dr Google
After filling in your personal data and successfully creating an email account, usually, your email account address will end in @ yahoo.com, or @ ymail.com.
The difference depends on where you make it, but all are in a Yahoo address. Let’s see in detail the one by pone step to register a new yahoo mail account.
- First, you visit the Yahoo Mail home page to register
- Click email
- Then select and click Register or Sign Up if you are a new e-mail user
- Next, you will be directed to the Yahoo mail account registration form page. Fill in the fields as directed as the column provided by entering your data.
- First name & Last name column: Fill in your first and last name
- Email address column: Fill in the username that also becomes your email address. Regarding the selection of email addresses on Yahoo, you are free to want to use what address. However, if the email address you entered in the field is already used by someone else, Yahoo Mail will give a warning email address not available. That way, you have to replace it with another email address.
- Password: Enter your password. Try to choose a password that is easy to remember and strong enough
- Mobile phone number: enter your mobile number which is still active
- Birth Month, Day & Year: Enter your date, month and year of birth
- Gender: Select gender
- Click Next or Continue
- Next is the verification step. Here you will be asked to double-check the phone number that you have filled in the personal data section.
- If it is correct and sure, click the Text Me and Account Key button
- You will get a pin on your SMS and enter the pin to get to the next step
- If so, you will see a Congratulations page on the monitor screen. This means you have successfully registered for a new Yahoo email account. Then click Let’s start or Let’s get started.
- From the steps on how to register Yahoo above, sometimes after you successfully enter the pin you receive the SMS the captcha box will appear. Fill in the captcha code listed and click send code. After that, the Welcome page will appear.
You can access your Yahoo email account through your PC or cellphone. Make sure you remember the e-mail address and password that you created so you can return to the e-mail page. In addition, it is very important that you remember the name of the e-mail account when communicating with other e-mail users.
When you already have a Yahoo email account, you only need to enter your email address and password to enter the Yahoo email page.
Registering Yahoo mail in mobile application
Yahoo makes it easy for you by providing applications that you can download to your mobile. You can also register or sign up for Yahoo Mail on an Android mobile phone. Here are 7 steps that you need to do to make Yahoo Mail on your Android device!
- Download and install yahoo mobile application from the app store.
- Open/run the Yahoo Mail application on your device
- Click/tap on the picture/mailbox icon on your device screen
- Click/tap the text that says Register for a New Account
- Complete the registration form available there
- To move to the next step click / tap the Continue button
- Then click/tap the Send Me Account Lock Via SMS button and open your SMS message box, search for what was sent by Yahoo.
- Copy the verification code listed and Enter the verification code in the field provided then click/tap Verify.
- If you have done the steps above correctly, the registration will be successful and a congratulatory display will appear. If the display appears then your Yahoo Email has been successfully created. To continue using, please click/tap Let’s Begin. That way, you will be diverted into your email inbox.
Warning Signs if your Yahoo mail has been hacked
After creating an email, the most important priority is to ensure the protection of your mail. So that no one can misuse your mails. If your email has been hacked, there are some warning signs which you yourself can monitor. Such as:
- You will not receive any new emails or messages.
- Yahoo Mail sends spam to your contacts on your address.
- You can see registrations from unexpected locations if you view on the Recent Activity page.
- Settings of your account/email may have been modified without your knowledge
- Check your email settings to see if any modifications have been made without your knowledge. Things to watch out for are as follows:
- E-mail Filter
- sender name
- E-mail signature
- reply address
- Office message
- Pure sending address
- Blocked addresses
- Default sender address
- Automatic forwarding address
- Your private conversations will be exposed.
- They will have access to your contacts and important documentation sent/received by email: Invoices. Payroll ID Photographs. Videos. Etc.
- You may lose access to the account if your access password or alternative account recovery methods change: Other email addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- If you have other services associated with that email address, you may also be affected: PayPal. Amazon Facebook. Dropbox Etc.
- They can send all kinds of messages in your name to: Damage your reputation. Cyberbullying other people. Send fraudulent emails: phishing, malware, spam, etc. Put into circulation bulos / hoax and spam / unwanted advertising.
How to secure your Yahoo! Mail based on suspicious activity features?
An email account is one account that is arguably very important. Email accounts are usually a requirement for registering various other accounts, for example, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Path, Dropbox and others. Even Whatsapp which is based on telephone numbers can be linked to e-mail for backup.
In addition to being connected to another account, email is usually also one of the officials and trusted communication media. Important communication is often done via email.
Understandably, e-mail or electronic mail can be a substitute for official letters that are usually physical. This is because emails can be sent and received quickly. Because of the importance of email addresses, ways are needed to secure an email account.
Yahoo! Mail, one of the most popular email providers, has a variety of features to secure accounts. Such as:
Seeing suspicious activity on Yahoo! The mail
Yahoo! Mail always has a record of where accounts have been used. It means the information about the location used to open an account. Even the device used and the browser used is neatly recorded by Yahoo. Therefore, we can find out anytime a Yahoo!
Account is used where and when and the activities that have been done in or via mail. If the activity is not an activity that you have done via email, then it should be suspected that the action was carried out by someone else. So after finding out, we must take account security measures so that the incident does not continue.
Read Also: 10 New Products of Google That You Always Want To Hear In 2020
Suspicious activity can not only be done by people who plan to hack your account. For example, you have logged in Yahoo! Mail at an internet cafe and you forget to log out which can be dangerous. The following is a way to find out suspicious activity from Yahoo mail.
- Open Yahoo! The mail: The first step is to open your Yahoo! account. To secure this account, you still should have access to an email account.
- Click your name: In the display of Yahoo! Mail the latest version, in the upper right corner, click on your name. While in the basic view, you can go to the dropdown to the right of your name.
- Click Account Info: If you are using the latest version, an account info option appears under your name. Click the account info option to go to account settings. Meanwhile, if you are using an old version view, place the dropdown on the account info option then click Go.
- In the lower-left corner, click the recent activity option to see the last activity performed by your account.
- Check the latest activity
- Check which activities you find suspicious. If your account has been around a long time and you have never checked this feature, then you will find lots of activities. Then you can see which activities you do and don’t based on browser information and location used.
- If you have found suspicious activity, then Stop the activity manually.
- Log out one by one: You can stop the activity of other users manually or one by one. The trick is to get the user out of the Yahoo! Mail that you have. After you remove it, you can implement account security by two-step verification.
- So that suspicious users will not be able to log back into your account. This is because even though other users have login information, they don’t have access to the cellphone number and the recovery account you have.
But this method is certainly not effective if you have a lot of account activity. If you’ve ever logged in various places, then the activity will be very much.
Change Email Password
Another way to do if there is suspicious activity is to change the email password. Changing your email password is very easy to do. The email password change feature is available on the current activity page that you are currently opening so that you can continue to change it.
- If you need to change it, log in your account and click on the settings in the right corner of the screen.
- Then click on the Account Information page, click on Account Security. Then click on Change Password. You will be asked to re-enter the new password that you want. Type in your new password and click next.
- Enter and confirm your new password. Click on Next and you’re done, your password is changed.
That is the way to secure your Yahoo! account. This method is also a way to get out of various devices that have been used. So you don’t need to log out manually from other people’s devices from which you have forgotten to log out.
You need to check this suspicious activity periodically so that at any time there is something suspicious you can immediately take action. Don’t wait until something unexpected happens to your account.
Recovery and Reset
Check the recovery and reset option which you will find in Update password reset information just below the Change password link. Here you can add alternative phone numbers and email addresses that will be used to verify that if you lose your password or are blocked from your account.
Make sure the information is up to date, and the phones and email accounts provided are not accessible to people you don’t trust. You can also add the phone or email information for trusted friends or family.
If you want to add more backups here, make sure that the people you choose are reliable and trustworthy, and remember to remove them if the contact falls or is lost. It is also a good way to check with people before delivering their data, or at least let them know.
Update Your Yahoo Recovery Phone Number
Now that you have changed your password, you must now update the phone number connected to your Yahoo account:
- Log in to your account, go to Settings and open Account Information
- On the Account Information page, click Add recovery phone number.
- Enter your updated phone number.
- Choose from two options: Send SMS or Call me. The Send SMS option will send a verification code to the entered phone number. The Call Me option will initiate a call to your phone number, dictating the verification code.
- Enter the verification code. If you did not receive the verification code or received a call, you can click the Send Code Again buttons. Make sure the provided phone number has been entered correctly.
- Click the Verify button, your new phone number is verified.
Enable 2-step verification on Yahoo
If your password is known to others either through your negligence or by a hacker. 2-step authentication will ensure that your Yahoo account authentication is monitored and must be verified by code:
- Login to your account, go to Settings and open your Account Information
- On the Account Information page, click 2-Step Verification.
- Enter your phone number and choose from the two options: Send SMS or Call me. Clicking on Send SMS option will send a verification code to your entered mobile number. The Call Me option will initiate a call to your phone number that dictates the verification code.
- Enter the verification code given to you and click on the Verify button. You have now enabled 2-step verification for your Yahoo account.
Update Recovery Email Addresses for Your Yahoo Account
Make sure your recovery email address is up to date and that you only have access to it. To update your recovery email address, follow these methods:
- Log in to your account, go to Settings, and open Account Information
- On the Account Information page, click Email Addresses.
- Click the Add Recovery Emails option button.
- Enter the recovery email address that will be used if you have problems with your account.
- Click the Send Recovery Email button.
- A message will say that the verification email has been sent. Click OK.
- Verify your email address and click on the link for email verification.
- Your email address has been verified.
Disable apps from accessing your Yahoo account
You can disable applications and devices that provide secure ways to link to your account. To disable these applications, use the following steps:
- Log in to your account, go to Settings and open Account Information, then click the Allow applications that use less secure login.
- Make sure the switch is turned OFF and you are done.
Disable the secret question and secret answer on your Yahoo account
The days when the secret question and answer were safe as a form of security are gone. Now, answering the secret question can be a threat, especially if the person trying to get into your account is someone who knows you well. To disable the secret question and answer, follow these steps:
- Log in to your account, go to Settings, and open Account Information as usual.
- On the Account Information page, click the Disable Security Questions option button.
- Your Security Questions will be displayed and Click Yes, secure my account button.
- You have successfully disabled security questions. Click Continue
Beware of phishing emails
Phishing email never goes away, so it’s vital to stay on the lookout for it. To keep you safe from fake messages that want to steal your account information, you should never click links in emails.
If you receive something from the bank or other sensitive entity that claims they have a message for you, go directly to their site. In Yahoo correspondence, you will see a purple Y logo on the left side of the contact information on an official Yahoo message.
You don’t trust this blindly, though – scammers might find a way to fake this.
Check the forwarding settings
Email forwarding is a useful tool if you juggle multiple accounts. But it may also be something a hacker uses to spy on you. With just a few minutes in your account, someone could set Yahoo Forwarding Mail.
It’s worth checking twice to make sure no one has done this behind you. Open Yahoo Mail, and then click the Gear icon followed by Settings. Choose Accounts on the left and click Yahoo entry with your email address.
Scroll down to the bottom and you will see Access Yahoo Mail elsewhere. Make sure there is no information here. If any, then Yahoo sends all emails to the specified address. Take note of this, then return and change your password.
Read Also: What Things Everyone Must Know About Google Symptoms Checker – Healthcare Ideas
Access Security Check
Several means and elements alert users when the mode of use of Yahoo Mail is insecure or obsolete. Yahoo immediately blocks access to the account when it discovers outdated programs.
Notification emails from Yahoo will indicate that the security of the device’s applications is outdated. Security is not optimal when a version of a non-Yahoo messaging application turns out to be out of date.
To do this, you will have to use the official Yahoo Mail site, namely https://mail.yahoo.com, you will also need to install a Yahoo Mail application on mobile devices.
Next, you will need to generate an application password for connecting to third-party applications at Yahoo Mail. It is also advisable to use third-party e-mail programs that implement current security standards.
Keep the inbox clean by creating folders and the spam filter
Improve the clarity of your inbox by creating different folders and individual filter rules. In this way, you can classify your emails into different categories, for example, Family, Friends, Work, Hobbies, and so on.
This saves you having to search through the entire inbox and finds certain emails much faster. The search function is also an advantage. With this, you can search your inbox for emails with specific terms or senders.
Keep as few emails as possible
As soon as hackers break into an email account, they can quickly find out which other online accounts have been registered with the same email address by searching the mailbox for such registration emails.
Whenever a new customer account is created, a confirmation is sent – and experience shows that these welcome emails are rarely deleted. Finally, email providers offer plenty of storage space.
These registration e-mails are also dangerous because they not only reveal where the user has registered but usually also confirm the chosen user name if it is not the e-mail address anyway.
An attacker only needs a password to infiltrate another online account. If you are one of those people who do not resolve registration emails and other automatic notifications such as password reset emails, you should start now.
Miscellaneous Tips to make your Yahoo mail safe from Hacking and Spam
You’ve probably heard that Yahoo confirmed that at least 500 million user accounts have been compromised, exposing personal data. Such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, birthdays, space passwords and security questions and answers.
The company has made substantial efforts to ensure that the accounts of its users are secure. Even if you are not the victim of the attack, the best move now is to secure your Yahoo account.
Here are some tips for you when registering and using Yahoo email. These tips are useful for increasing and preventing the risk of cybercrime such as Hacking and Spam.
- Use a strong password for your email and the password that you can remember. Strong in this case that is using a variety of unique characters and numbers and lengths so that it is difficult for others to guess.
- Don’t forget the password you have set for your email. Therefore, record your email password on a piece of paper or notepad and save it in txt. And it’s better to memorize passwords by heart.
- Logout after you finished using it. Make sure every time you use an email to log out or sign out so that it prevents misuse by others, especially if you are a loyal user. For laptops / personal computers it’s up to you if only you are using it.
- Never give a password to anyone. The dumbest thing is giving an email password to someone else including your own girlfriend or boyfriend because the other person’s character is different. Especially if the email is a business email such as AdSense, PTC, and others.
- Use of sign-in seals. The point is to ensure that you enter the original Yahoo site. You can set the seal in the form of text or images. To activate it you can start by clicking on the link Are You Protected? Create your sing in the seal. Then Click Start Now and you can set your seal. Every time you open the website mail.yahoo.com, the seal will appear.
- See the key sign. If you receive an e-mail from Yahoo, for example, see the key sign. That means the email has been verified through DomainKeys. This means the email is indeed from Yahoo.
- Update your account information. Hereafter you enter your password, you can add your other Yahoo email address. This is useful if something unexpected happens to your yahoo email, you can use additional other yahoo emails to secure your yahoo email again.
- Change password. If you think someone else is using your e-mail, you can immediately change your yahoo e-mail password.
- Recovery of your email. If it turns out you forgot your yahoo email password, or maybe you forgot your yahoo ID, click on Forgot your PAssword. Then select your problem and then send the data to your other Yahoo email address. That is the point of having more than one yahoo email address. So that when you forget your password, you can send it to another Yahoo email address.
- Update your Yahoo -related phone number and Enable 2-step verification
- Disable apps that use less secure login when accessing your account
- Disable your secret question and secret answer
Those are some tips so that your email is safe from crime. Use e-mail with good and healthy. Never send spam emails to other people. Because it’s not ethical.
However, at this time you do not need to create a Yahoo account. Because applications and websites on Yahoo have started to be deactivated from the end of December 2019. Therefore, Yahoo said that from the end of 2019 all contents and documents are lost and cannot be returned again.
This is one of the reasons the company appealed for users who still save important documents in Yahoo Groups to immediately download the document. Yahoo Groups is a multinational Internet company based in Sunnyvale, California, United States.
Although Yahoo mail has not be popular as Gmail, and the business and popularity has been deteriorated. Still, yahoo has been updating it’s services, it’s features and safety issues.
So it can be said that we still can use yahoo mail as it has some other features which other mails don’t provide it’s users.